Sunday 16 March 2014

Question 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


During the production of my thriller I tried to replicate the themes and conventions used in the opening scenes I watched for research, I tried to make it obvious from the start that my film was a thriller by opening with a high intensity scene with one of the characters being shot, this straight away tells the viewer what the nature of the film is going to be like and also raises many questions such as; who were they? Why was he shot? What did he do? These are the sorts of questions that the viewers will be thinking while watching my thriller and this will make them want to continue watching to find out the answers. A few of the conventions of thrillers I found difficult to include or was unable to use this is due many reasons for example I was unable to use plot twist as I was only making a opening scene not an entire movie and you would rarely ever see a plot twist within the opening scene of a film, other conventions I was challenged by was sound, sound is a key part in creating and building tension in a thriller and if done properly can be very effective, this was difficult as all music and sound had to be non-copyrighted and free so I had to search through the vast selection of music and sound to find the ones that matched the thriller genre and was of high quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment