Sunday 16 March 2014

Question 2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My thriller uses representation for most characters in different ways, firstly character outfits where essential in helping me to portray each individual character. I chose to use outfits which would be considered normal as I did not want the characters to stand out; also I wanted to show them as being ordinary people. The acting was also key in helping me to represent each character, for the main character (jack Renshaw) I tried to make him come across as mysterious, aloof and withdrawn from society this was shown by him being very separated from everyone else around him. Sean Gordon the character seen delivering the gun is shown to be represented as a someone who commits criminal and illegal activity this is clear from his behaviour during the exchange he is very careful to keep himself hidden by having his hood fully covering his face and not staying longer than necessary, the gun is also a massive indication that he is a criminal.   


No comments:

Post a Comment