Wednesday 19 March 2014

Question 4

Who would be the audience for your media product?

My thriller would most likely be aimed at young adults and teenagers as the thriller genre is most popular with these age groups. I would say teens are the youngest audience as there are themes contained within the film that would not be suitable for children. I would give my thriller an age certificate of 15 as my film has many themes unsuitable for children such as murder but a lot of these themes are suggested and implied instead of being graphic meaning it is appropriate for teens.  I think a 15 age rating is best as any certificate higher would begin to limit the size of my potential audience, thriller are extremely popular with teens and so it would mean I would lose a lot of viewers. My thriller is not particularly aimed at any specific class or status as this would also contribute to decreasing my thrillers audience, although my film may be most relatable to those of a lower class and status as the film is based around the lower class.




No comments:

Post a Comment